Grilled herbed gruyere cheese with fig jam dipping sauce
Ingredients (serves four)
- 12 ounces gruyere, sliced
- 8 slices thick-cut French bread
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces store-bought fig jam
- Mayonnaise, for grilling
Slather the mayonnaise on one side of the bread and grill in a skillet on medium heat until golden brown.
As the bread is browning, layer the cheese on top and sprinkle the pepper and Italian Seasoning on the cheese. Top each cheesy toast bottom with the toasted top piece and serve with fig jam for dipping.